Today was my great uncle's funeral. It was sad to see my grandma so affected and hurt by his death.
His funeral was really awesome, though. Since he was a retired officer from the Marines, we got to see the 21 gun salute (apparently it is 7 guns and 3 shots fired from each. I thought it would be 21 guns firing once), which was the coolest thing ever. The only reason (other than my poor grandma crying so much) I cried was because it was so awesome to see someone who had served our country being honored and remembered that way. It was so patriotic and beautiful. I love America and the funeral made me so happy to live in a country such as this! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
On a lesser note, it also made me want to join the military! Haha. I want to serve my country, but I have to find a way to do it without joining the Marines or Army. I would be more trouble and less help to them.
As for politics, today was the first VP debate. I even had a reminder set on my phone to watch it. Thanks to my sweet little brother and sister however, I was too wrapped up in them to remember to watch it. I did hear the closing statements of each and watched the highlights. I agree that Palin held her own, but the mess up of the generals was a bit much. McClellan and McKiernan. The names are so close, so I can see how it would be an easy mistake. . .but a Civil War general and a general of a war she is all for is a HUGE mix up. She is going to get some MAJOR heartache for that one, but on the soft side, I want to forgive her.
Sarah, I still think you are more qualified than Biden.
Before you judge her too harshly, read THIS and then tell me she is the idiot. I dare you.
McCain-Palin 08!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment